Monday, July 6, 2009

God, Part V

Here's what I think. Me = me. God = not me.

Which is to say, that as far as I know, everything that's not me is probably god. It's that whole yin and yang, self and other. In as much as everything in the 'other' basket has some influence on me that is beyond my control, it must be god.

But let's run down the god checklist, just to make sure:

1) Is it all powerful?

Yeah. Prolly. At least as far as I'm concerned, it is, since it encompasses all the powers that I don't have and all the ones I have also.

2) Does it move in mysterious ways?

Hell yes. Half the time I can't find my ass with both hands. When I figure 'everything' out, I'll drop you a line.

3) Are its familial relations a perplexing mess?

Uh huh. Like the Beverly Hillbillies. Um...actually, no...not LIKE the Beverly Hillbillies. The Beverly Hillbillies. And the royal families of Europe.

4) Is it beautiful?

Yeah. Sometimes you have to cock your head funny, but yeah.

Yup, passes the god test.

No comments:

Post a Comment